Jobs at Ultrabit
Senior Software Engineer
Working with general supervision, the Senior Software Engineer, Ultrabit is an autonomous individual contributor working on building and developing games on electronic devices. Associates in the role are autonomous and can pick up new tools and languages quickly. They have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and how they apply to making games. They will work closely with the technical leads, architects, and product to make sure quality and business objectives are reached. They should have a direct impact on the product; pushing new features on a weekly cadence. This role interacts with a supervisor frequently, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and direction. This role is generally characterized by a basic level of organizational scope, basic relational complexity, moderate technical complexity, and a basic level of independent decision making.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Develop best of class games on mobile and web enabled devices using Unity and C#
- Ability to use Android Studio and/or XCode to develop/maintain native mobile code
- Creates and pushes features that align with product objectives autonomously
- Uses project management tools
- Works closely with the producer to accomplish sprint goals
- Breakdown specs and task into logical components
- Identifies bugs and issues with the codebase
- Mentors Associate Software Engineers and Software Engineers
- Solve problems in live operations
- Able to work autonomously with little direction
- Identifies improvements in engineering workflows and integrations
- Writes code 95-100% of the time
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with our internal and external partners; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Navigating Complexity – Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (education and/or experience)
- At least 3 years of related work experience required
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related degree required
- Professional experience in games development is preferred, experience shipping mobile games (cross-platform preferred, iOS, Android, web, etc.)
Minimum qualifications, job skills, abilities
- Experience shipping at least one mobile game
- Working knowledge of client and server interaction
- Working ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient at communicating and collaborating well with others
- Expert at using game engines and tools such as Unity or Unreal
- Expert at picking up new tools and languages quickly
- Expert at using an OOP language such as C++/C# or equivalent
Please apply through this link
Ultrabit is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Game Artist
Working with general supervision, the Senior Game Artist will work primarily with the art director, artists, and game producers on creating art for Kongregate game titles. Associates in the role will handle end-to-end art requirements for a game, from sketching out concepts and storyboards, developing art styles, to building game assets. This person can adapt to different styles for different game titles. Occasionally, the Senior Game Artist may be called upon to illustrate artwork for creative ads we use for user acquisition and marketing. The Senior Game Artist will also mentor the other Artists on the team.
Required: Portfolio with examples of related work; Multiple years of experience in the game industry
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Studio Art Director, game producers and other team members to draw and illustrate art for Kongregate’s game titles.
- Work with the game team to define and develop an artistic style for games.
- Create concept art and storyboards which help communicate the proposed visual elements during pre-production.
- Create concept art, characters, backgrounds, and elements for UI for working titles.
- Create production ready 3D art, models, textures and/or animations.
- Technical ability and adaptability with team’s tools used for daily operations.
- Remain abreast of competitors and trends in mobile games, social media and mobile application design/functionality.
- Assist in mentorship of Associate Game Artists and Game Artists.
- Help to develop, set, and follow standard production practices.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge/Skills- Having achieved a high level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Work Standards- Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Contributing to Team Success- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Creative Orientation— Leveraging an ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, and relationships to create meaningful new ideas, processes, products, and general solutions to relevant business opportunities.
Review the requirements/qualifications and apply today!